Idea process that should only kick off when condition is met is kicking off when the project is saved after the idea is converted.
The process is set to start when the current value does not equal the previous value.
The value does not change on the idea, but as soon as the idea is converted and the project is saved, the process kicks off.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Create a Boolean attribute on the investment object
- Set the default to be checked
- Add the attribute to the Idea and Project
- Add the attribute to the associated Create and Edit views
- Create a process
Primary Object = Idea
Start Option: Auto Start
Start Condition ( ( Idea Description != Idea Description [Previous Value] ) ) or use subject or progress
Create Step which will be a System Action
Action will be to Set the attribute you created to YES
Link this step to Finish
Link Start Step to the step you created
Validate and Activate
- Create an Idea
- Uncheck the Boolean you created
- Submit for Approval
- Approve Idea
- Convert Idea to Project
- Click Save on Project
- Go to Idea Process Tab (or Organizer) to view processes
Expected Results: Idea process does not kick off
Actual Results: Idea process kicks off
Add an additional condition to the start so the process will does not meet both conditions.
This issue is documented as CLRT-74844 and is in review with Development.