Attributes of type String are displaying "clickable URLs" when its text value matches a given URL
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
- Add or Edit an existing Custom Object in Studio.
- Add a New Attribute on the Custom object of type String.
- Edit the List View of the Custom Object so that the New Attribute is displayed on the List View for the Custom Object.
- Add a new Instance of the Custom Object on the Home menu
- Enter a value for the New Attribute: www.ca.com
- Check the value in the Custom Object List view.
Expected Results: The value to appear as plain text.
Actual Results: The value appearsas a clickable URL.
Defect DE42679 was raised for this issue.
The behaviour of 'displaying the String attributes as (clickable URLs) hyperlinks when the values matches any URL' in the list page is by design. Hence, the Defect is closed as 'Not a Defect'.