When using certain special uppercase characters (i.e.: À, Ä...) and opening a project in Microsoft Project, those related fields appear as blank (no text). This does not happen when those are lowercase (e.g.: Näme, instead of NÄME). This applies to any object such as Resources, Tasks... Steps to Reproduce are just a single example of how this can be observed.
Steps to reproduce:
- Go to Administration > Resources > New
- Create a new resource with name "NÄME" and last name "SURNAME" (position of the special character could be in either name or last name)
- Go to Home > Projects > New
- Create a new project and open it.
- Open the Team tab and add the resource from Step 2. Add other characters with non-accented characters for comparison purposes.
- Open the Project in Microsoft Project
- Inside Microsoft Project, go to View > Resource Views > Resource Sheet
Expected Result: The "Resource Name" for all resources is shown, including "NÄME".
Actual Result: Resource "NÄME SURNAME" has a blank resource name.
CA PPM 14.3
This is due to the defect - CLRT-79475
CLRT-79475 has been fixed in PPM 14.4 base version.
In previous versions, as a workaround, it is recommended to use lowercase or non-accented characters.