The LPAR agent should use the hscroot account to access IBM's HMC (Hardware Management Console). Use the Dynamic Environment's Managed Node Configuration Utility to install and set up the calpara agent to monitor the LPAR frame.
To install the LPAR agent for a frame, using the hscroot account
Note: Using hscroot (or hscroot equivalent) is best practice because it ensures the necessary privileges are available. Contact CA Support for assistance if the hscroot user cannot be supplied.
To begin, select a Windows computer that has CA ASM installed and will run the LPAR agent.
To set up the LPAR agent
- Launch the Dynamic Environments Managed Node Configuration Utility.
Note: This option is available after installing the ASM Managed Node, LPAR Performance Sponsor component.
- Click Next on the Welcome wizard dialog.
- Select Install Managed Node on the Select Installation Option dialog.
- Click the Managed Node drop-down list and select IBM LPAR.
- Enter the HMC name= < HMC Host Name >, Username=hscroot and password=< password >.
- Click Next to verify the authentication, then click Finish to add the LPAR agent.
- To verify the agent has been successfully installed, go to the command prompt and run awservices list.
- Verify from the output that the calpara:<lparframe> is running.
The LPAR agent is now set up, configured, and can be discovered and managed by CA NSM.