Arcot UDS fails to start due to oracle error - "ORA-12514, TNS:listener does not currently know of service requested in connect descriptor". The CA Arcot UDS log (arcotuds.log) has the following log lines:
========================================= excerpt from arcotuds.log===========================================================
2013-05-18 02:50:46,779 EDT : [Thread-9] : ERROR : common.database.DBFOManagerImpl(65) : Failed to retrieve Database error
codes for Datasource. Error: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (Listener refused the connection with the following error:
ORA-12514, TNS:listener does not currently know of service requested in connect descriptor
2013-05-18 02:50:46,779 EDT : [Thread-9] : INFO : common.database.DBFOManagerImpl(70) : Adding Datasource to the datasource list.
2013-05-18 02:50:46,779 EDT : [Thread-9] : ERROR : common.database.DBFOManagerImpl(74) : Datasource is not currently active.
2013-05-18 02:50:46,998 EDT : [Thread-9] : ERROR : com.arcot.uds(787) :  UDS not initialized.
2013-05-18 02:50:46,998 EDT : [Thread-9] : FATAL : com.arcot.uds(788) :  UDS not initialized.
2013-05-18 02:50:46,998 EDT : [Thread-15] : ERROR : plugin.config.ConfigManager(122) : No Datasource is set.
======================================= end of excerpt ======================================================================
- Please ensure that the database is started.
- If the database is started, probably the database has not yet registered with the listener. Generally, this issue is resolved by waiting a few minutes to allow the registration to complete.
- Check the following in the TNSNAMES.ORA
- SERVICE_NAME specified should be a service known to the Listener. Please run the command "lsnrctl services " to list the services known to the listener.
- Check the Oracle net connectivity (from client to server) using command "tnsping SERVICE_NAME ".