APM Agents are displayed with a percentage sign and a number (%#) associated with the Agent Name under the Investigator.
For example, in the Investigator you may see:
Displayed Name: DevCluster/TestAgentName%2
When the desired name is:
Desired Name: DevCluster/TestAgentName
From the Investigator --> Metric Browser --> OverView tab, under " What's Interesting" the Agent shows as "Disconnected"
The Agent DevCluster/TestAgentName%2 has Disconnected
The IntroscopeEnterpriseManager Log will contain:
[WARN] [Manager] Non-unique Agent requested connection ("SuperDomain|DevCluster|TestAgentName"). Re-assigning Agent Name: DevCluster/TestAgentName%2
- Make sure you have no more than one Agent with the same name reporting from the same server.
- Check the IntroscopeAgent.profile for the Agent Name specification.
- Make sure no Agent Name is specified in the startup script along with Agent Jar and Agent Profile.
- Try restarting Introscope Enterprise Manager.
- Stop the Agent JVM. Wait until the Agent goes "Grey" on the Investigator, then try restarting the Agent.
- Try extending the delay for Agent Auto Naming in IntroscopeAgent.profile
# The amount of time to delay connecting to the Introscope Enterprise
# Manager while Agent Auto Naming is attempted.
# When Agent Auto Naming is enabled, the Agent will check for
# a new Application Server determined name on the specified interval.
If these suggestions do not help, please contact CA APM Technical Support at support.ca.com.