Description: This is a first attempt on APM CE Levels of Knowledge to help gauge what an APM CE Administrator knows.
Level 1: Basic
- Can install/upgrade TIM.
- Can set up TIM and associated Collectors if pre-work is completed.
- Can add private keys and web server filters in APM CE GUI.
- Can set transaction definitions through Advanced Recorder or Transaction Discovery.
- Can create scheduled reports.
- Can do Introscope and RTTM integration.
- Can create a backup, Config Export, Business Transaction Export.
Level 2: Basics with Troubleshooting
Same as Level 1 with these additions:
- Can also troubleshoot common issues:
* TIM installation
* TIM not seeing traffic
* Transactions not seeing defects or statistics
* Common private key/web server filter issues
* Cannot record
Level 3: Intermediate
- Same as Levels 1-3 with these additions.
- Can create definitions for more complicated transactions such as XML/SOAP, Siebel, SAP, Oracle Forms, Microsoft Office Web Applications (SharePoint).
- Can use Script Recorder (Load Runner or packet capture).
- Can do SNMP integration (basic).
- Can Do APM Cloud Monitor/WTG Integration.
- Can Use/Understand Advanced Features of APM CE.
* Business Impact Reports
* Business Impact
* Event Management
* TIM Inspection/Trace
* TIM/EM Logs
* Six Sigma Reports
* Understands Each Error Message
* Uses Content Errors
* SLA and Escalation
* User Group Creation (IP Subnet, HTTP Headers)
* TIM/TESS System Interface features
* Incident Creation
* HTTP Response/Request Body
* Correlational SLA
* HTTP Plugins
* Response-based definitions
* Agent Recording
Level 4: Intermediate with Troubleshooting
- Can troubleshoot
* RTTM and Problem Resolution integration issues
- Can optimize and upgrade APM environment
- TIM-related network issues
- MTP and High Performance TIM (9.7+)
Level 5: Integrations
Same as Levels 1-4 but with all APM CE Integrations not listed above such as
- Service Desk
- LDAP, SiteMinder, Local, EEM authentication/authorization.
Level 6a: Scoping, Architecting, Training
- Same as Levels 1-5 with the following:
* Can size an APM CE cluster for APM CE requirements including APM database.
* Can advise on TIM/EM network placement
* Can advise on a new cluster/install/upgrade scoping call
* Understands APM Canned and exported reports
* Can explain how APM CE is part of their monitoring strategy
* Has a general idea how APM internals works
* Knows key APM database fields and tables
Level 6b: Advanced
- Can do all needed APM CE custom work -- HTTP Plugins, evidence collection scripts, export tool scripts, APM database SQL queries etc.
- Can write custom evidence collection scripts
- Can perform custom reporting (Export tool, SQL, SDK)
- Can do custom reporting (Jasper Reports. )