During the APM 12.9 installation, the common asset viewer component may fail to install.
Common asset viewer (AMS) requires the installation of a 32-bit JDK (1.7_40 or higher, but not 1.8)
- If a prior install was attempted, navigate to services and check that the Apache Tomcat AMS service is stopped.
- Install a 32-bit JDK. as above
- Add a JAVA_HOME environment variable (for example: C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.7.0_45
- Add %JAVA_HOME%\bin to the system environment path variable
NOTE: the JRE path is not needed for APM 12.9
- Click retry on the APM installation screen to retry the failed component