When attempting to open a project using the New UI in PPM 15.1, the project cannot be opened and the following error is thrown:
API-1019: Could not process the request due to internal error
This occurs only for projects that have a project template selected for the 'Project Template' field that either no longer exists or is marked for deletion.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. In the Classic UI, go to the Project List and click on 'New from Template'
2. Select the 'Major Project Template'
3. Enter a project name (Project A) and a value for all other required fields on the new project create page, Save and Return
4. Configure the 'Project Template' column on the Project List and verify that the 'Major Project Template' value shows on this column for the 'Project A' created on Step 3
5. Open the 'Major Project Template' project properties and uncheck the 'Active' checkbox
6. Return to the Project List, and Mark the 'Major Project Template' for deletion
7. Go to Home > Jobs
8. Run the Delete Investments job
9. Go to the Project List in the Classic UI, open 'Project A'
10. Notice how 'Project A' opens without an issue in the Classic UI
11. Now go to the New UI
12. Click on 'Project A' to open the project
Expected Result: 'Project A' opens in the New UI
Actual Result: The project does not open in the New UI, instead the following error is thrown: 'API-1019- Could not process the request due to internal error.'