How can the default port, 22, be changed for SSH access?
1. Login to the appliance via SSH using the ssgconfig user
2. You will be presented with the ssgconfig menu, select option 3 (Use a privileged shell)
3. Now that you are at the root prompt edit the sshd_config file
Run the following command:
4. Locate the following line:
# Port 22
Remove # and change 22 to your desired port number.
5. Restart the sshd service by running the following command:
service sshd restart
6. Now login to the Gateway using the policy manager
7. Navigate to TASKS -> TRANSPORTS -> MANAGE LISTEN PORTS
8. Click 'Manage Firewall Rules'
9. On the firewall rules screen click CREATE
10. Create a new firewall rules
Name: any descriptive name you would like
Rule Action: Accept
Interface: specify a particular or all interfaces
From Port: This will be the port you defined in step 4
Once this rule is created you will now be able to SSH over the new port. Access of port 22 will not be revoked.