1. Install JAVA x86 in the server. You will need to install a 32 bit release of JDK as well as JRE. Configure the following environment variables to point to the x86 JAVA path:
- JAVA_HOME (this should point to the JDK install location)
- JRE_HOME (this should point to the JRE install location)
- PATH (append the JRE and JDK install locations and the JRE and JDK install \bin locations)
2. Make sure the CATALINA_HOME environment Variable is set to the following with NO “\” at the end, ie:
C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\SharedComponents\AMS\TomCat
3. Locate the AMS.properties file in c:\Program Files (x86)\CA\SharedComponents\AMS\TomCat\webapps\AMS\WEB-INF\classes\ Back up this file.
4. Delete Apache Tomcat AMS service and reinstall it as follows:
a. From an admin command prompt window run:
b. SC DELETE AMS
c. cd C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\SharedComponents\AMS\Tomcat\bin
d. cmd /c service.bat install AMS
5. Examine the generated AMS.properties file in c:\Program Files (x86)\CA\SharedComponents\AMS\TomCat\webapps\AMS\WEB-INF\classes\ with the backup file and correct any settings that need to be placed that are specific to your configuration.
6. For those requiring TLS communication support with SQL Server, download and copy in the sqljdbc42.jar file to the c:\Program Files (x86)\CA\SharedComponents\AMS\TomCat\webapps\AMS\WEB-INF\lib\
7. From Services window, start the Apache Tomcat AMS service.