This article give you an example of instruction summary how to develop self certification.
I have discovered arrayNetworks device in snmpcollector probe.
The device has CPU usage oid (220.127.116.11.4.1.7564.30.1) in vendor MIB.
However, snmpcollector probe uses UC-Davis oid (18.104.22.168.4.1.2021) to calculate CPU usage rather than vendor MIB.
I would like to change it, but according to devicesupport portal, vendor MIB (22.214.171.124.4.1.7564.30.1) does not seem to be certified.
Please help me how to create self certification to meet my requirement.
Self certification portlet 1.14
1. You already obtained vendor MIB file for your device.
2. You already know which OID you would like to use.
3. Self cert portlet have been deployed and available in UMP.
INSTRUCTION FOR THIS EXAMPLE
- I already have arrayNetworks MIB.
- I would like to develop one custom certification to support CPU usage with vendor mib as follows.
[Metric Family] CPU
[oid] cpuUtilization (126.96.36.199.4.1.7564.30.1)
Step1 - Open self cert portlet, select snmpcollector probe instance you would like to work with.
Step2 - Input information of device you would like to certify.
Step3 - Open MIB File Manager, Add MIBs to add your vendor MIB files, select and Load it.
Step4 - You will see "private" tree, enterprise > arrayNetworks > performance > cpuUtilization OID, and [Add to OID Cart]
Step5 - Highlight CPU Metric Families in CPUs tree.
Step6 - Highlight [Names] and input name of metric.
In this example, we are using "CPU".
- For the string part, please make sure your string to be surrounded by double quote.
- This name is used for QOS target, so take time to consider the best name.
Step7 - Highlight [Utilization] and click "Create expression".
In this example, double click "cpuUtilization" variable.
Step8 - Save as new custom certification.
A new cert file is created in <UIM>/probes/network/snmpcollector/CustomVendorCertifications folder
Step9 - Deactivate and activate snmpcollector probe to reflect the new cert file.
Step10 - Rediscover (Force Component Rediscovery) device profile.
Step11 - Highlight newly discovered CPU component, click option, "Run Vendor Certification Test", and make sure new cert is applied.