An example how to create self certification for snmpcollector
Document ID :
Last Modified Date :
Show Technical Document Details
CA Unified Infrastructure Management
UIM - SNMPCOLLECTOR:UIMSNC
This article give you an example of instruction summary how to develop self certification.
I have discovered arrayNetworks device in snmpcollector probe.
The device has CPU usage oid (220.127.116.11.4.1.7564.30.1) in vendor MIB.
However, snmpcollector probe uses UC-Davis oid (18.104.22.168.4.1.2021) to calculate CPU usage rather than vendor MIB.
I would like to change it, but according to devicesupport portal, vendor MIB (22.214.171.124.4.1.7564.30.1) does not seem to be certified.
Please help me how to create self certification to meet my requirement.
Self certification portlet 1.14
1. You already obtained vendor MIB file for your device.
2. You already know which OID you would like to use.
3. Self cert portlet have been deployed and available in UMP.
INSTRUCTION FOR THIS EXAMPLE
- I already have arrayNetworks MIB.
- I would like to develop one custom certification to support
with vendor mib as follows.
- Open self cert portlet, select snmpcollector probe instance you would like to work with.
- Input information of device you would like to certify.
MIB File Manager
to add your vendor MIB files, select and
- You will see "
OID, and [
Add to OID Cart
Metric Families in CPUs tree.
- Highlight [
] and input name of metric.
In this example, we are using "CPU".
- For the string part, please make sure your string to be surrounded by double quote.
- This name is used for QOS target, so take time to consider the best name.
- Highlight [
] and click "
In this example, double click "
- Save as new custom certification.
A new cert file is created in
- Deactivate and activate snmpcollector probe to reflect the new cert file.
- Rediscover (
Force Component Rediscovery
) device profile.
Step11 - Highlight newly discovered CPU component, click option, "
Run Vendor Certification Test
", and make sure new cert is applied.
I have attached few samples of cert file created in this example.
If you would like to develop custom certification for multiple Metric Families (for example, CPU Usage and Memory Usage),
you need to iterate the same steps for every Metric Family, as multiple Metric Families cannot be included in one custom certification.
Limitation (The Self Certification feature does not)
- It is not possible to create new Metric Families.
- It is not possible to create new Metrics.
Please take a look at this about self certification feature.
Was this information helpful?