When running the "Web Intelligence - Service Desk Application-Level Transaction Measurements" report or the "Web Intelligence - Service Desk SQL and Stored Query KPI Values" report that are part of CA Business Intelligence (CABI), there are no KPI options available for me to select. The screenshots in Figure 1 and Figure 2 below show that there are no values populated in the list of values.
Figure 1: Service Desk Application-Level Transaction Measurements
Figure 2: Service Desk SQL and Stored Query KPI Values
How do I see options available in these two reports? Clicking "Refresh Values" does not show anything.
In order to see the options available to choose on those two reports, it is necessary to activate the KPI options in CA Service Desk Manager (SDM)
- The first step consists of checking if the KPI option is installed in your SDM.
If you are able to see the "webLicenseCt" for selection on "Service Desk Application - Level Transaction Rates of Change" report, then you have it enabled.
If you do not see an option to select for this report too, it means this option is not installed.
To install this option, navigate to: Service Desk Administration tab -> Options Manager -> KPI -> Install the following option: kpi_ticket_data_table. Then Recycle Service Desk service so the change is recognized.
From this point on, the License usage will be monitored by this option and you will be able to see it available for selection on the "Service Desk Application - Level Transaction Rates of Change" report. The "webLicenseCt" KPI option is enabled by default.
- Which KPI should be enabled?
There are 44 disabled KPIs.
They are distributed as follows:
- The "Service Desk Application-Level Transaction Rates of Change" report shows results from the following KPIs:
- The "Service Desk SQL and Stored Query KPI Values" report shows results from the following KPIs:
Est Cost Sum of Pending Issue Workflow Tasks
Incident SLA Count
Issue SLA Count
Problem SLA Count
Request SLA Count
Unassigned Change Orders
- Enable the other KPI options on Service Desk.
It is strongly recommended to enable the KPIs that you only need to use, because enabling all can cause performance issues to your Service Desk system.
Each KPI has a description of what information it monitors in Service Desk.
Follow these steps to activate the KPI:
- Login to Service Desk.
- Go to Administration -> Service Desk -> KPIs.
- Select 'Show Filter'.
- Choose 'Inactive' and click 'Search'.
- Edit the option you want to activate and click 'Activate'. Repeat this step for each item you want to activate.
- Recycle Service Desk.
- Run the reports and click "Refresh Values" in the filter if you still don't see any KPI to select.