Development is currently working on an enhancement to improve this ALM limitation. In the meantime, here are some workarounds that can be used:
- When creating new test cases, do not add any special characters in the 'Name' field, but instead add them in the 'Description' field.
- For example:
Name: Have Water
Description: Have Water?
- Before exporting your test cases in Path Explorer, remove the special characters from the test case name.
- In your ALM mappings/configuration, under the Description field's AgileDesigner Field Name, change the drop down option to 'Description of Blocks'.
- When you export to ALM, in the description field, you will see all the titles/names of blocks as is with the special characters included.
- This will not be in the main title in ALM, but at least the real titles with special characters will be available in ALM.