How does Database Organizer (DBO) allocate Database DD statements from JCL, DBRC RECON datasets and Dynamic Allocation Library (MDALIB)?
The following conditions apply for DBO to select the Database DD statement(s) either from the JCL, or from DBRC RECON, or from IMS MDALIB:
1. DD statement always will be used from JCL if it is coded here
- (neither DBRC nor MDALIB will be checked)
2. DD statement will be used from DBRC
- if NOT coded in the JCL AND
- if option DBRC=Y is used AND
- if DD statement is defined in the RECON dataset
3. DD statement will be used from MDALIB
- if NOT present in the JCL AND
- if MDA member is present in the MDALIB AND
- if option DBRC=Y, but DD statement NOT in RECON OR
- if option DBRC=N and DBALLOC=Y
The job abends with database allocation error in all other cases.