When logging into the AllFusion Harvest Change Manager (Harvest) client (Workbench and Administrator) the following error message is displayed:
- "Cannot create Harvest Session. See your administrator".
There are a number of possible reasons why the Harvest Workbench and Administrator may not be able to create a valid Harvest session or connect to the server. Some of these reasons are listed below:
- Harvest Broker is not running.
- Harvest Server, Client application and Database (DBPatch) are not at the same patch level.
- Oracle? database may be shut down or unavailable.
- You client software is using the cai/pt ODBC driver for Oracle8i when trying to connect to an Oracle9i database.
- Defunct Harvest Server Process running on Unix.
- Oracle? rollback segments were offline.
- Broker name entered in login window was incorrect. Broker names are case sensitive in Harvest.
- Permission on "cacrypt.ini" file under /etc is not set to 644.
- Database Backup procedure was incorrect.
- Recycle Harvest Broker/Server.
- Ensure that the Harvest Patch level is the same on all the Harvest components including the DBPatch.
- Use cai/pt ODBC driver for Oracle9i when accessing an Oracle9i database.
- Check status of Oracle? rollback segments as a user with DBA privileges.
- Run the following sql statement:
- SELECT SEGMENT_NAME,STATUS FROM DBA_ROLLBACK_SEGS;
- If status is offline, run following sql statement to bring it online.
- ALTER ROLLBACK SEGMENT <rollback_segment> ONLINE;
- Harvest broker and server must to be shut down before starting your nightly Oracle? database backup.