While editing a CA Service Desk Manager (CA SDM) ticket, such as an Incident, when clicking on the Assignee Lookup link, only Analysts who are members of the Group that is specified in the ticket are displayed. However, if the <Search> button on the launched Analyst List screen is clicked, all Analysts are displayed regardless of the specified Group.
This behavior can be seen on all types of CA SDM tickets and Classic Workflow Tasks and is intended by design. There is no way to change this behavior.
If the "Any_Contact" Option is not installed and we search an Analyst in the Assignee field, the default behavior is:
- Only Contacts with a Contact Type Analyst will be listed.
- If a Group is present, then only Analysts who are in the Group will be listed as an Assignee. However, if you search again within Assignees, then all Analysts that Data Partitions or/and Tenants allow to display will be listed. This functionality gives you a chance to select an Analyst not associated with the specified Group.
- If no Group is specified, all Analysts are displayed.
* The "Any_Contact" Option is not installed as a default.
* If this option is installed and the Group is specified, the first search returns Analysts who are in the Group. However, the second search shows all Contacts with any type of contact, Analyst, Employee, and so on and we can choose any contact as an assignee.