I installed Agile Designer on my local Windows 2012 R2 machine. As soon as I launch the product, it crashes.
CA Agile Requirements Designer (ARD)- Agile Designer
ARD does support Windows Server 2012 R2. This problem occurs when the latest version of Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio is either not installed or the operating system has problems installing it. If this prerequisite is not located on your machine, ARD will refuse to run.
This is noted in our documentation here: https://docops.ca.com/ca-agile-requirements-designer/2-2/en/installing/installation-prerequisites
Make sure that all the ARD prerequisites are installed and you go through all the steps in the ARD installation wizard:
You will need to work with your internal system administrator to install the latest Windows update for your operating system.
- Download and install https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2919442 OR http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=42153.
- Download and install the cumulative update https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2919355.
- These KB's must be installed in the following order: clearcompressionflag.exe, KB2919355, KB2932046, KB2959977, KB2937592, KB2938439, and KB2934018.
- Download and install https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2999226
- Install VC++ 2015 Redistributable.
- Restart your machine.
- Launch ARD.
Here are some more in-depth resources to guide you:
If you are still experiencing issues after installing the latest Windows update, please follow the instructions below with your system administrator:
- First try downloading and installing VC++ Redistributable separately. If you can install the Service Pack 1 for Windows Server 2012/2008, then VC++ 2015 will work immediately. Here is a link to download this: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=48145
- If ARD is still crashing, then a vital Windows patch is most likely missing. You will need to download these patches/updates. To install these updates, you must have April 2014 update rollup for Windows RT 8.1, Windows 8.1, and Windows 2012 R2. Here are download details for this:
- Please make sure you have these prerequisites for KB2999226, which is included in the VC Redistribution packages:
- KB2919442 is a prerequisite for Windows Server 2012 R2 update and should be installed before attempting to install KB2919355. These KB's must be installed in the following order: clearcompressionflag.exe, KB2919355, KB2932046, KB2959977, KB2937592, KB2938439, and KB2934018. These are instructions from Microsoft and you can review them here: https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/1598704/microsoft-visual-c-2015-redistributable-x86-and-x64-14-0-23026-fail-to-properly-install-on-windows-8-1-x64
If you experience any issues, please open a support case by going to https://support.ca.com/irj/portal/newhome or calling CA Customer Care at one of these numbers http://www.ca.com/us/company/contact-us.html.