Agile Central Users may receive the following error "(Work Item) could not be saved. Please correct the errors identified below and click one of the "Save" buttons "
When users receive the following error "(Work Item) could not be saved. Please correct the errors identified below and click one of the "Save" buttons " but no errors are found it can be one of two issues.
It can be a hidden error such as a work item with the same name exists or a formatting issue with the text being entered.
To verify which one it is the following steps can be used.
- To verify if it's a hidden error, right click on the white space near the error and select view source.
- When the box opens use Find (Control F) and search for the term "hidden error"
- If a hidden error exists it will provide you with the exact reason the work item is unable to be saved.
- If no hidden error is present the next thing to check is the formatting of the text being entered.
- Customers often cut-n-paste text or documentation into the Description or Notes fields. If the user then pastes the document into MS Word (or equivalent) the word or character count may exceed the allowed count of 32768.
- Note that Microsoft uses hidden characters which are proprietary to Microsoft that external applications have trouble interpreting. Agile Central does its' best to interpret these characters but often it is not 100% accurate. There can still be hidden or unrecognizable characters being entered into the field. These characters are still included in the description limit count. By pasting the description into a text editor (such as Text Wrangler, Vim, Sunlime, etc. which are not word processing tools) searching for and removing all of the hidden characters and extra spaces you should have better luck to save it without any errors. Note that this includes formatting characters, bold, italics, tabs, etc.