- Can we tell if a user story was split?
- We would like to run a query occasionally that will return all the stories that were split in a given time period. Can that be achieved?
When splitting a user story there isn't an event that records the actual split. The generated events are:
- Create - for the new story.
- Update - of the story that was split.
- Create (optional) if you opt to create a parent to keep both split stories together.
This means there isn't a way to query a split because it's never recorded as a split.
What you can still do is use a tag to mark that a story was split. You can agree on a special tag and you'll need to ensure your team remembers to apply it to all split stories. Then, you can query by the tag to locate the split stories.