Error Message :
The renamed CPU Pool appears twice in the Shared CPU Pool table
When renaming a CPU Pool (change of case), in the Console, the data for the new names is well historized.
The old names are still present and the data no longer appears in the Sysload Portal.
OS: IBM AIX
OS Version: N/A
Root Cause: The Monitor multiple processor pools name is case sensitive
Follow these steps to purge the old :
- Stop the Agent for PowerVM (Collector & File Server)
- Backup the history files (*.IDX & *.DAT).
- Connect with the same user on the server
- Go to the directory‘<sysload_homedir>/tools’.
- Run the 'sld_purge' command on the history files
- Rename SP_Oracle (Old name : SP_Oracle / New name SP_ORACLE)
$ ./sld_purge -hst_file ./../POWERVM-SERVER-001 -by_entity
Sysload history type (longterm / finegrained) [ longterm ] :
Sysload history save filepath (without extension) [ ./../POWERVM-SERVER-001_save ] :
Enter RegEx for entity to purge 'Specific' (A/B1) [ - ] :
Enter RegEx for entity to purge 'SHRPROCPOOL_SP' (B/E1) [ - ] : .*SP_Oracle.*
Total records no: parsed:182120 purged:864 modified:0 not retrieved:0 added:181254 ignored:2
Fix Status: No Fix
Reinitialize history files