the new java_jre is being rolled out for 8.5 has a different format than than all older version of the product.
This is what causes the problem and causes all of the java probes to stop working.
I was able to correct this by doing the following
1) deploy the 1.73 JRE to the primary uim server.
2) deactivate the nimsoft robot watcher service
3) rename the nimsoft\jre\jre7 to nimsoft\jre\jre7_old
4) create new nimsoft\jre\jre7
5) from inside the nimsoft\jre\jre-7u85-windows-x64.7z copy jre7\jre\ to nimsoft\jre\jre7\jre
6) you should not have the same original structure for 8.47 and below java JRe folders
( there are other sub folder beneath the two above but these should be the only folders in the nimsoft\jre\jre7 folder
7) Restart nimsoft.
This should allow all of the java probes to come up and start working including admin console.