After upgrading eTrust Admin 8.1 SP2 to Identity Manger r12 using the integrated installer, the ADS connector cannot explore ADS endpoint Exchange-specific attributes, rendering it unable to create Exchange mailboxes. Changing the 'DisableExchange2007' variable value has no effect.
Important: This article contains information about modifying the registry. Before you modify the registry, make sure to create a back up of the registry and ensure that you understand how to restore the registry if a problem may occur.
For more information about how to back up, restore and edit the registry, please review the relevant Microsoft Knowledge Base articles on support.microsoft.com.
The CA Identity Manager r12 integrated installer doesn't enable the Exchange 200x license setting by default, which results in the Exchange functionality being disabled.
To confirm that you have an Exchange 200x license setting problem, perform the following steps:
- Open the <IMPS folder> \logs\ads\ <ads endpoint>.log
- Search for the line:
Exchange2000: License: F ; EX2mdb: T; EX2servers: T
If you find the line this means the Exchange 200x license setting is missing and your installation will exhibit the issue with being unable to create Exchange mailboxes.
In a functioning environment, the 'License' value should be 'T'.
There are two resolutions for the problem. Please perform one of the following:
- Reinstall the IMPS via the individual IMPS installer, and during installation select both the ADS connector and the Exchange 200x connector.
- Manually create the Exchange 200x license setting in registry.
To confirm the license setting has been corrected, perform the following steps:
- Redo a mailbox creation test
- Recheck the <ads endpoint>.log, searching for the following line:
Exchange2000: License: T ; EX2mdb: T; EX2servers: T
The 'License' value should now be 'T'.
- If an Exchange Server is installed after the ADS endpoint was created, you need to follow the instructions in the following Tech Doc to update the ADS endpoint and have it recognize the Exchange Server.
TEC446637: How to register a New or additional Exchange Server in an existing Admin installation.