After upgrading CA Datacom to version 14.0 or 15.0 I am getting RC 68 (1) trying to access a Datacom MUF running on a different LPAR. The error message is:
DB00501E - OPEN ERROR - RETURN CODE 68 (001) CXX= MUFNAME=DCOM
If you have a sysplex you need to enable the Datacom XCF option for cross LPAR communications. As from CA Datacom/DB and Datacom/AD version 14.0, XCF is disabled by default.
To enable XCF you need to do the following:
- Make the following changes to the DBSIDPR member in the CUSLIB library.
Where ADXGRP01 is the XCF group name and must match the name the Datacom MUF uses in the XCF card, see below.
- Reassemble and link the DBSIDPR module into the CUSLIB library.
- Make the following changes to member AXDATIN1 (for AD) or DBDATIN2 (for DB) in the CUSMAC library to change the MUF SYSIN startup options.
Uncomment the XCF card:
XCF_FROM *,*,ADXGRP01,YES XCF RECEIVE FROM SYS, JOB, GROUP, ALLOW
Add the number of XCF tasks which is the last parameter of the TASKS card:
TASKS 250,32K,0,0,50 # OF TASKS,SIZE,0,0,XCFTASKS
- The MUF needs to be restarted for this to take effect.
- The Datacom PC call routines need to be installed in the remote LPAR by running job AXRIM01 (for AD) or BDRIM01 (for DB) from the INSTJCL library. You also need to update your system CAS9 procedure which runs at IPL time with the input statements from AXRIM01/BDRIM01 so the PC call routines get installed after every IPL.