Messages in VTAM are:
11.42.31 IST663I INIT OTHER REQUEST FAILED , SENSE=08210002
11.42.31 IST664I REAL OLU=FBSNET1.TPXTS0A REAL DLU=FBSNET1.TSOC
11.42.31 IST889I SID = CF6B19021EEA7F60
11.42.31 IST264I REQUIRED LOGMODE NAME T3278MDE UNDEFINED
11.42.31 IST314I END
Check for errors in VTAM.
If the logmode name in the error is T3278MDE, this is the dynamic logmode introduced in TPX 5.3. MDE was added in 5.3 to support the ability for TPX to pass a dynamic logmode to the application. It is included in the delivered logmode tables: TPXLGMOD, TPXLGMD2, TPXLGMD3, TPXLGMD4, and TPXLGMD5.
- Did you reload the TPX 5.3 logmode tables during your upgrade?
- The TPX.CB0VSRC data set contains five logmode tables that you must copy to your SYS1.VTAMLIB data set. These can be copied with the TPX.CB0VJCL member LOGMODE.
- Ensure that SYS1.VTAMLIB (or whatever data set was the target of the copy from CB0VSRC) is included in the VTAM Started task.
- Do you use a custom logmode table?
Do CICS ACT members specify Model Sensitive = Y or Extended datastream = Y when this is no longer necessary?
- If so, the enhancements to the logmode tables in TPX 5.3 to include T3278MDE must be incorporated into your own custom table.
- In most cases of CICS, these parameters are no longer needed since CICS modeling tends to resolve this age old CICS problem. However, if the applications do need these parameters set, please contact CA Support for assistance.