After successfully importing a LoadRunner script into an APM CE recording session using Script Recorder, what is the best practice to define the signature for a Business Transaction?
After successfully importing a LoadRunner script into an APM CE recording session using Script Recorder, the resulting Recording Session shows both a Recognized and Unrecognized Transaction list containing all of the components.
- In the Recognized Transaction List, all the components appear to be set to Identifying. How can the Business Transaction signature be corrected to be defined with a single identifying transaction/component plus additional related components?
- Why did some components get added to the Unrecognized Transaction List and can they be moved to the Recognized Transaction List?
- In the Recognized Transactions List, change the Show drop-down to display "All" instead of "Only Identifying."
- From knowledge of the Application design, determine which component in the recognized transaction to use for identifying the transaction. Deselect the identifying flag from all the other components.
- Use the "Move as component of" option to move all the other components under the identifying transaction. NOTE: The move will only be successful if the URL for that identifying component matches the parent URL in the component being moved. As long as the move step is attempted for all the components, then it should be guaranteed that all relevant components are moved. If the parent URL criteria is not met, then this message will be displayed: "The parent URL is not matching with the recognized transaction URL". The ability to do this move was added in the 9.1 version of CEM. For further details see the "Viewing the recording session transactions" section of the Transaction Definition Guide in the APM 9.7 Wiki: Viewing the recording session transactions
- Sometimes during any form of recording, due to an unrecognized content-type, a component can get added to the Unrecognized Transaction List. That component can still be moved into the Recognized Transaction List as long as it has a HTTP Status Code of 200.