After making a Scalability Server name change, when deploying software to agents which report to that SS, I get the error message "Unable to update sourcelist on Scalability Server".
- This happens even after changing the name of the Scalability Server the agents report to on the agent side.
- The actual installation of the software completes but reports back to the DM as a failure
- The TRC_USD_SDMSIEXE* logs will show the error
ERROR | CMsiLibDct <ServerName> is invalid/unaccessable
NOTE: This issue will only occur if the Software Delivery Shares (SDMSILIB and SDLIBRARY$) exist before the name change is performed.
To resolve this error you should remove the old 'SDLIBRARY' and 'MSILIB' shares (SDLIBRARY$ and SDMSILIB) and add them again, so the shares will now use the new SS hostname/FQDN
- First remove the shares by running..
sd_sscmd removeshare SDLIBRARY sd_sscmd removeshare MSILIB
- Then add the shares again by running..
sd_sscmd addshare SDLIBRARYsd_ssmcd addshare MSILIB
- Then try the deployments again.
- If the problem persists, please set DETAIL tracing on the agent by running
cftrace -c set -l DETAIL -s 50000
Then reproduce the problem, open an issue with Support and provide the TRC_USD* logs from the Agent's %sdroot%\..\logs direc