After installing NFA on a new server, I receive the error below when trying to access the NFA web page http://localhost/ra/
HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error
The requested page cannot be accessed because the related configuration data for the page is invalid.
IIS Web Core
Not yet determined
This configuration section cannot be used at this path. This happens when the section is locked at a parent level. Locking is either by default (overrideModeDefault="Deny"), or set explicitly by a location tag with overrideMode="Deny" or the legacy allowOverride="false".
- NFA 9.3.1 or 9.3.2
- Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows Server 2012
Missing Prerequisites ASP and/or ASP.NET documented in the NFA 9.3.2 Installation guide.
Install the missing ASP and ASP.NET prerequisites by following the steps below based on your Operating System:
Windows 2008 R2
1. Open Windows "Server Manager" and click on "Roles"
2. Scroll down on the right hand side to the "Web Server (IIS)" roll and select "Add Role Services"
3. Under "Application Development" select the check box next to "ASP.NET" and "ASP" and click "Next" like below:
4. Follow the prompts and click "Install" like below, this may take several minutes to complete:
5. Once it completes, attempt to access the NFA console URL again http://<Server Name>/ra and you should no longer receive the 500.19 Error.
1. Open Windows "Server Manager" and select "Add Roles and features"
2. Select "Next" three times until you reach the screen which allows you to select "Server Roles".
3. Expand "Web Server(IIS)->Web Server->Application Development", then select "ASP" and "ASP.NET" like below and click "Next".
4. Select "Next" until you get to the screen which allows you to click "Install" and proceed with the installation. Note that you may be prompted to reboot upon completion of the installation.
5. After the reboot attempt to access the NFA URL again, http://<Server Name>/ra, and you should no longer receive that error.
If you should receive a new error try searching Support.ca.com for that new error for a potential solution. If no solution found open and issue with CA Support and provide a screenshot of the error message.