I just completed the process to install my CA Datacom/AD software, and when running the jobs to migrate my existing database for CA Technologies applications, I received many errors from the DDRTVCAT program: DDRTVC0035 FIELD ATTRIBUTE HAS BEEN CHANGED. I didn't change my application, so why am I receiving these messages?
These messages are produced by the DDRTVCAT program. This program will compare the current database definition in the Datadictionary to a predefined definition (called a Basis module) that is provided by the CA Technologies application that uses CA Datacom/AD. If there is a discrepancy between what is found in the Datadictionary and what is in the Basis module, these DDRTVC0035 or other messages are produced.
There is only one reason for this to happen - the Basis module being used is not the correct one to match the Datadictionary definition. This has two causes:
- The Basis module used is fetched from the wrong version of the application load library;
- The Basis module was copied to some other load library and was not maintained at the same level as the Datadictionary definition.
Here are a few examples of how this problem could occur in the DDRTVCAT program, using the Basis module L7601 for CA Workload Automation Restart Option for z/OS Schedulers (formerly called CA 11™ Workload Automation Restart and Tracking or CA 11):
- The application is currently running r11.0, but the user defines the r3.0 version load library in the STEPLIB concatenation of DDRTVCAT. Because the Datadictionary is at a different release level than the load library (and the L7601 Basis module), there will be discrepancies and errors.
- The user is in the process of upgrading the application from r3.0 to r11.0, and uses the r11.0 load library because it is the latest version. However, the upgrade is not completed yet and the Datadictionary definition is still at r3.0. This, too, will cause the errors because of mismatch in release levels between Datadictionary and the Basis module.
- The user does not use the CA-supplied load libraries and copies modules from the product load libraries into a custom consolidated load library. After upgrading from r3.0 to r11.0, the custom load library is not refreshed, and when using this custom load library in DDRTVCAT, errors are produced because of the release level mismatch.
To run the DDRTVCAT program successfully, it is important to use the correct Basis module. If you are experiencing the DDRTVC0035 or other errors, please be sure that the load library specified in the STEPLIB of this program is the correct version to match your application's operation and Datadictionary definition.
As always, please contact CA Technologies support for CA Datacom if you have further questions.