Dictionaries cannot utilize Mixed Page Groups.
Subschema IDMSNWKA, used by the IDD compilers contains three areas: DDLDML, DDLDCLOD and DDLDCMSG.
The dictionary DBNAME you set must have all three areas in the same page group.
If you must define a new dictionary which cannot be defined in PAGE GROUP 0, you must do the following unorthodox definition method to allow IDMSNWKA access to the new dictionary which shares the SYSMSG.DDLDCMSG area.
To share the ddldcmsg area under different page groups:
For this example we will say that your new dict Segment (areas DDLDML and DDLDCLOD) is defined in page group 10:
- Either create a new segment or include the DDLDCMSG Area in the same segment as your Page Group 10 DDLDML & DDLDCLOD areas.
- The page range for this DDLDCMSG MUST be the Same as the SYSMSG area.
- In the FILE definition the ASSIGN TO name for the file MUST be UNIQUE
- Do NOT code a DSNAME for the file.
- When including the segment into the DMCL be certain to code an override for the DDLDCMSG Area ON STARTUP SET STATUS TO RETRIEVAL.
- Add a DD to startup using the Unique ASSIGN TO name from File def mentioned above but point to the SAME DSN as SYSMSG.DDLDCMSG
* If you created a separate segment for this area, include that segment in the DBNAME that describes the PG 10 dict.