Creating a custom report with Jaspersoft Studio, based on Domains does not work, no results are returned by the report. Same columns added to Ad-Hoc Views retrieve correct results. If the custom report is not Domain based, there is no issue.
This issue is encountered only with CA PPM 14.3, CA PPM 14.2 is not affected.
This is due to a known issue in CA PPM 14.3:
CLRT-79228 Create a Report with Jaspersoft Studio/jrxml file based on Domains : returns no results, when Ad-Hoc Views do
Steps to Reproduce:
- Log in to Jaspersoft UI Console as admin user
- Navigate to Repository : <tenant> - CA PPM - Reports
- Right click on Reports folder - select Add Resource - JasperReport
- Enter the Report name, for example Test3
- Select Upload a Local File - browse and attach the file attached Blank_A4_5.jrxml
- Now click on Data Source button
- On the Data Source page, choose Select data source from repository
- Browse to <tenant> - CA PPM - Domains
- Select Investment Management Domain
- Click on Submit
- Now connect to Clarity UI - Advanced Reporting - Reports List
- Find the Test3 report - click to run
Expected Result: Report to display results
Actual Result: The report is empty
Note : These are the steps to reproduce the issue with the file: Blank_A4_5.jrxml. The same result is also reproducible with Jaspersoft Studio.
CLRT-79228 is in review with our Sustaining Engineering team.