Ad-hoc Report fails with this error:
Cannot initialize Report Engine server. (Error: RWI 00226) (Error: INF)
The solution, change the "JVM Library" on the boconfig.cfg file, that has been described in the hotfix H06 ReleaseNote does not solve the issue.
Problem is resolved based on the SAP Tech Doc 1642600:
- Make sure to set a sufficient java runtime heap size memory.
- Use Infoview to display very large documents.
- To avoid getting this type of error the simplest and easiest solution is to reduce the amount of data to be displayed in one unique table, it can be done by splitting the table into several smaller tables by using conditions/filters, or adding a section which will split automatically the table for each section value, etc.
- Same document can hold same amount of data, but it has to be arranged differently (into several reports, several tables, or several sections, etc.) to be possible to display in the Rich Client.
- The end user should not forget that Rich Client is a reporting tool; it is not a database data extracting tool.
- Note that purging the document data and saving it in Structure mode with no data can avoid a lot of problems due to the holding of large amounts of data.
According to the technical document, following configuration took place on the $CABIROOT/SC/CommonReporting3/Common/4.0/java/CRConfig.xml: