1) Application Delivery Analysis Web GUI is running slowly or not responding at all.
2) Time out errors occur when trying to access certain pages of the ADA GUI
3) 'Last Monitored' time is falling behind current time.
4) <Install Location>/CA/Datafiles folder on the ADA Master Console machine is filling up with .dat files
Windows 2008, 2012
This issue is caused by an over utilization of the ADA Console. If too much data is being requested from the Monitors to the ADA Console, you will see mysql query completion time increase and, in turn, the symptoms above will occur.
ADA Master Consoles work optimally with approximately 1200 servers / 1200 applications being monitored at any given time. This approximation is highly dependent on the number of sessions that exist. ADA Consoles with much lower server / application counts can still slow down significantly if the active session count is abnormally high.
1) The server / application count is dictated by the configurations made on the ADA
a) Edit your server subnet configurations to monitor smaller, more precise sections of your network instead of using "catch alls"
b) Utilize the hardware filtering capability on your Multi-Port Monitor to fine tune data flowing to the ADA Master Console.
c) Speak with your network engineers about modifying the SPAN configurations, connected to your Monitors, to mirror a more precise subset of data.
d) Split out your SPAN data to multiple ADA instances. Instead of sending 100% of your application data to one Master Console, send it to multiple Consoles and aggregate the data using CAPC / NPC.