When the currency code associated with any project billing currency code has been deactivated and after a project has been financially enabled, any transactions posted to financial will be rejected because there are no active exchange rates found.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Ensure that multi-currency is enabled in the system
2. Activate USD and GBP currency codes (or any other two currencies)
3. Create Exchange Rates for the active currency codes
4. Financially enable project with USD billing currency and GBP project currency codes
5. In the Administration, Finance Setup menu, navigate to Foreign Exchange Rates to deactivate USD currency.
Expected Result: Currency should not be able to be deleted as it is in use by an active project with pending financial transactions.
Actual Result: Currency can be deleted which changes the billing currency to default and when transactions are posted they are rejected base on the following reason: 'Unable to get exchange rate'. The job is looking for active currencies with defined exchange rates.
Execute the following query to give you the billing currencies used in projects that are currently deactivated. Activate and set exchange rate based on that currency in the Finance Setup, Currencies and Foreign Exchange Rates pages. Note: once a Billing Currency Code is set on a project and financial transactions have been created, the code cannot be changed.
SELECT P.BILLING_CURRENCY_CODE, C.IS_ACTIVE, COUNT(*) NUM_PRJ
FROM PAC_MNT_PROJECTS P, CMN_CURRENCIES C
WHERE P.BILLING_CURRENCY_CODE = C.CURRENCY_CODE
AND C.IS_ACTIVE = 0
GROUP BY P.BILLING_CURRENCY_CODE, C.IS_ACTIVE