If I received a SARDBI23 database (INDEX,DATA) file(s) at nn% utilization message; then ran SARDBASE ADDDS to added an extent and while not paying attention accently deteled that same extent, what is the best way to recover ?
Let's say there were 2 extents and a 3rd was newly created and then accidently deleted.
Create a temp database executing the following:
1. Run SARDBASE ADDDS with extent 1 and 2 with only 1 cylinder.
2. Run SARDBASE ADDDS for extent 3 with the proper cylinder size you need for production.
3. With a 3.4, check that all extents are displayed for the temp database.
4. Rename extent #3 to the production database name
5. Delete extents 1 & 2
4. With a 3.4, check that all extents are displayed for the production database (including #3).
5. Also check to see if #3 extent is cataloged; if not them please catalog it.
6. Restart the SARSTC production system.
As always, please contact CA Technologies support for CA View/Deliver if you have further questions.