Follow these steps to apply CABI r3 SP6 (also referred to as CABI r3 3 SP1) on the CABI server:
BOXI r3 SP6 (also referred to as BOXI 3.3 SP1) requires SP5 to be applied. You can check if SP5 is installed by performing the following:
- Login to the Central Management Console with an Administrator account.
- Click on SETTINGS under the MANAGE section.
- The Product Version should be listed as '12.5 CA SDM.0.1190'
- Using a FTP client, download SP6 from: ftp://ftp.ca.com/CAproducts/CABI/CABI-3.x/boeXIR3_SP6/Windows/cabi-windows-boeXIR3_SP6.zip
- Extract SP6 on the CABI/BOXI server
*** Ensure that you have a reliable backup/snapshot of the CABI application server and the CMS database before proceeding.***
- Take a backup of the following files to another location:
SC\CommonReporting3\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\win32_x86\dataAccess\connectionServer\odbc\odbc.prm
- Review the README.TXT file for patch information. Run the following from the directory SP6 was extracted to: SP6\SETUP.EXE
Click OK on the Language Screen
NOTE - it might take a few moments for the patch installer to initialize
- Click on NEXT
- Accept the License Agreement and click on NEXT
- Enter the CABI CMS Administrator Password and click on NEXT
- Select 'Yes, automatically redeploy the web applications' and click on NEXT
- If Apache Tomcat 5.5 is still being used as the CABI web server and is detected, it will automatically be upgraded to Apache Tomcat 7.0.27. Click NEXT to proceed.
- Click on NEXT to begin the CABI r3.2 SP6 install. Be aware that the SP6 install will take some time to complete.
- Once the SP6 install is complete, click on the FINISH button to exit the SP6 install.
- To confirm that the CABI r3.2 SP6 install was successful, login to the Central Management Console with an Administrator account. Click on SETTINGS under the MANAGE section. The Product Version should be listed as '12.6 CA SDM.0.1596'
- Compare the following two (2) files that were backed up earlier
SC\CommonReporting3\Tomcat7\webapps\OpenDocument\WEB-INF\web.xmlThere should not be much differences apart from the TrustedAuthentication enablement and Authentication visibility. Merge those items only from the old file to the current file (SC\CommonReporting3\Tomcat7\webapps\OpenDocument\WEB-INF\web.xml)
SC\CommonReporting3\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\win32_x86\dataAccess\connectionServer\odbc\odbc.prm with
SC\CommonReporting3\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\win32_x86\dataAccess\connectionServer\odbc\odbc.prmThere should not be much differences except for Date Parameters. Merge those items only from the old ODBC.prm file to the current file
Compare the other two backed up files
Merge only the PORT or HTTPS type of differences. Do NOT restore Tomcat5 files on top of Tomcat7 file or else Tomcat will fail to start.
Merge only security constraints or similar settings that were customized in this file. Do NOT restore Tomcat5 file on top of Tomcat7 or else Tomcat will fail to start.
Note: A merge tool like WinMerge or Notepad++ could be used to easily identify the above differences.